Internal Audit Services
Internal Audit Services focuses on providing value proposition to meet clients' specific needs pertaining to:
- the effectiveness of Corporate Governance in achieving business objectives and fulfilling shareholders' expectations;
- the effectiveness of assessing and managing business risks;
- the effectiveness of establishing a robust mechanism to monitor cross-border investments and operations;
- the effectiveness of the internal audit function in dealing with the organization's key risk areas and providing assistance to management in monitoring the implementation of related controls; and
- the requirements as to Corporate Governance and internal controls for local businesses with the intention of seeking an initial public offering in overseas markets, e.g., the US, Hong Kong, and Singapore.
Our services include:
1. Assistance in the establishment of a Corporate Governance structure and framework
Leveraging on KPMG's integrated approach for Corporate Governance diagnosis, we can and Board Committees with of Directors to assess the effectiveness of their Corporate Governance structure and framework relating to strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation, stewardship, and Board Committees with various functions, and assist management with the implementation of improvement opportunities.
2. Assistance in the establishment of a Business Risk Management framework or provision of a full spectrum of Enterprise Risk Assessment
Assisting the Board Board of Directors and management to implement a systematic approach in identifying, assessing and monitoring company-wide business risks they face, and assess the appropriateness and effectiveness of controls and timeliness of action plans in mitigating the business risks.
3. Assistance in the establishment and enhancement of an internal control framework
Assessing the internal control framework and control self-assessment based on our risk-based approach, and assisting the organization with the implementation of action plans and training of the internal control framework.
4. Assistance in compliance with foreign regulatory requirements related to
Corporate Governance and internal control for foreign listed companies
Assisting foreign listed companies comply with the regulatory
requirements related to Corporate Governance and internal controls
under US SOX, J-SOX, etc. This includes establishment of a Corporate
Governance structure, formalizing the documentation of internal controls,
assessment of internal controls, and implementation of remediation
5. Internal Audit Performance Enhancement
Assisting organizations to gain better value from their internal audit function with an assessment of how well internal audit is structured, manned and operated. This will ensure that internal audit keeps pace with the Board of Directors' expectations and assist the Board of Directors and management in discharging their responsibilities for monitoring the system of internal control.
6. Internal Audit Services co-sourcing and outsourcing
Assisting an organization's in-house Internal Auditors to implement a risk-based internal audit strategy and/or address specific risk areas of concern, and to assess the effectiveness of internal control. This will reduce costs incurred in the recruitment and training of the in-house Internal Auditors.